Y’all, Rea really enjoyed this preschool letter activity. It’s fairly low prep and a fun way to work on letter identification. Plus, it is also a great way to start working on capital and lowercase letter recognition and matching.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and some sounds (J)
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (J)
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the Dinosaur Letter Matching Template.
You can use pens, markers or even watercolors to cover up the letters on the dinosaur. You could also use letter magnets to avoid having to cut all of the letterboxes.
Pro Parent Bundles
Love my lessons? Check out my themed lesson bundles!