This preschool activity will give your Lil’ the opportunity to create as well as an opportunity to learn about the different planets in our solar system.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
- Identify different visual art materials
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Paint your rocks white. This step is optional, but it really allows for the planets to pop.
Print and cut out the Planet Story Stones Template.
Glue the planets to the stones.
Step #4 (Optional)
For extra durability add a layer of Mod Podge to seal the planet images.
You can use the story stones in a space sensory bin, or take them outside while you’re playing in the dirt, or you can use them to talk about the order that the planets go in. These story stones are versatile and you have the opportunity to decide how you want to play with them and switched up as often as you want.
Pro Parent Package
Love my lessons? Become a Pro member today!